Start a business in Lucerne
Establish a company in Lucerne – it’s that easy.
We show you how to proceed in the right and efficient way.
There are no specific restrictions for foreign companies in Switzerland. However, all legal forms require a person domiciled in Switzerland. It is also sufficient if at least one foreign person resident in Switzerland acts as a corporate body.
The four most common legal forms are:
- Limited liability company (GmbH; minimum capital CHF 20’000.–)
- Limited company (AG; minimum capital CHF 100’000.–)
- Sole proprietorship (no specifications)
- General partnership
- Limited liability company (GmbH): CHF 1230.– to 2000.–
- Limited company (AG): CHF 1750.– to 3000.–
- Sole proprietorship: CHF 500.– to 900.–
- General partnership: CHF 300.– to 900.–
We recommend that you have your business formed by a trustee or attorney:
- Costs of company formation by trustee or lawyer: CHF 3000.‒ to 4000.‒
- Auditor’s certificate, formation documents as well as agreement on contributions in kind in the case of formation of an AG or GmbH: around CHF 1000.‒
- Employment contracts: CHF 250.– to 750.–
- General Terms and Conditions (GTC): CHF 300.– to 1000.–
- Shareholders’ Agreement: CHF 950.– to 2000.–
- Trademark protection: CHF 300.– to 1000.–
We enable foreign companies an easy and stress-free start in Lucerne. If you register your company in Lucerne, we offer you a free coworking space including domicile address for the first three months.
Do you have questions about setting up a company? I will be happy to support you.
Head of Promotion & FDI
Phone +41 41 367 44 03